Administrative Assistant, Burn Survivor Services- FILLED
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant, Burn Survivor Services
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist in the coordination and implementation of select Burn Survivor Support Programs offered to San Diego and Imperial County.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt (Part-Time)
REPORTS TO: Director of Burn Survivor Services (BSS)
DIRECT REPORT: None
LOCATION: 8825 Aero Drive, Ste 200, San Diego, CA 92123, with some flexibility for remote work
MAJOR DUTIES: Coordinate and implement select Burn Survivor Support Programs.
- Organize, coordinate and monitor all administrative tasks for burn survivor support services under the direction of the Director of BSS.
- Perform word processing, spreadsheet operations and data entry operations using Microsoft Office Professional software and Salesforce customer management program.
- Participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings, successfully functions as a team member.
- Order and maintain programmatic supplies approved by the Director of BSS.
- Assist clients in completing necessary paperwork for select burn survivor programs.
- Perform acquisition of items for clients receiving services.
- Secure travel and lodging for clients as needed.
- Provide newsletter and promotional information for marketing needs.
- Communicate verbally, in writing and electronically with clients.
- Handle confidential and routine information from clients.
OTHER: Attend staff meetings and any other meetings as requested. Must possess and maintain California Driver’s License and automobile insurance. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Employment at the Burn Institute is at-will. Flexibility: Occasional weekend and evening hours are necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Experience working in a non-profit office environment or a similar field preferred. Successful experience and demonstrated ability in organizational administration, with a sensitivity to personal information of our population served. Experience using Salesforce or another CRM preferred. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills required. Attention to detail is very important. Must have the ability to work independently and effectively communicate with colleagues, clients, board members and the public. Must have good administrative computer skills and work as a positive representative of the Burn Institute. Bilingual (English/Spanish, speaking/writing) desired.
The above is intended to describe the principal responsibilities and not intended as an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume in a single PDF file, including the position title and applicants name as the file name, to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: Until filled.
Burn Institute offers part-time staff contributions to their 403b retirement plan, providing a 50-percent match to participants first 4-percent of contributions.
For further information on Burn Institute visit our website at www.burninstitute.org.
Burn Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.