31st Annual Fire & Safety Expo and Firefighter Demolition Derby
Sunday, June 11, 2023 | 11am-6pm | Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Send completed 2023 Derby Registration Form & Participant Waiver to the Burn Institute.
**Deadline is April 7, 2023. Limited to first 21 vehicle entries. First come, first serve. Will waitlist as needed.
ENTRY FEE & FUNDRAISING
- Decide on Derby Driver and Team Members to help with fundraising including securing sponsors & donors.
- Obtain a net minimum of $1,500 in Derby car sponsorships or donations to cover your entry fee. The Burn Institute will provide you with Sponsorship Packets and guide you through this process.
- Turn in completed Sponsorship/Donation Forms and money by May 19, 2023 (earlier is better).
**As a reminder: In-kind donations (i.e., car, parts, service donations) need a sponsorship form completed and do NOT count towards your fundraising total.
**Derby t-shirt sponsor logo deadline is May 9, 2023.
RULES, LOGOS & DECALS
- Ensure your Derby car meets 2023 Demolition Derby Rules.
- Ensure your Derby car meets sponsorship benefit specifications for display of sponsor names and/or company logos.
- BI’s preferred decal vendor is Wriz Designs – Please refer to 2023 Wriz Design Decal Rates Sheet for more information. All logos can be sent to email@example.com (vector files are preferred; otherwise, a high-res jpeg or png file is fine). Decals can be picked up at the final Derby meeting.
**If you use Wriz Designs, you have the option to cover the cost yourself -OR- let the Burn Institute cover but the expense will be deducted from your fundraising total. Your net fundraising total must be $1,500.
**You are welcome to use your own vendor, but you will be responsible for the costs.
DERBY MEETINGS (in person and Zoom)
- Mandatory: 9am on Friday, January 27 – Agenda: Admin/Entry Rules/Fundraising
- Mandatory: 9am on Friday, April 21 – Agenda: Car/Rules/Fundraising
- Mandatory In-Person: TENTATIVELY Friday, June 2 – Event Overview/Timeline/T-shirts & Wristbands
**At least one rep per team must attend the mandatory meetings. Additional meetings to be scheduled as needed and dates subject to change.
**NEW Drivers must attend final meeting.
IMPORTANT DERBY DOCUMENTS
- 2023 Derby Registration Form & Participant Waiver
- 2023 Checklist
- 2023 Derby Team Sponsorship/Donation Packet
- 2023 Team Benefits
- 2023 Wriz Design Decal Rates
- 2023 Demolition Derby Rules
- Have questions regarding Derby Car Build & Competition Rules? Please contact the Chief Steward: Tom Santos, 619-851-4565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have questions regarding Registration & Fundraising? Please contact Burn Institute Events Coordinator: Tiffany Wong, 858-541-2277 ext. 117 or email email@example.com.