Fire Safe Seniors Program Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Fire Safe Seniors Program Coordinator (32-40 hrs/week Full Time)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist in the planning, development, and implementation of the Fire Safe Seniors Program offered to San Diego County.
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Prevention Programs
DIRECT REPORT: Volunteers/Interns
COMPENSATION: $18-20/hr DOE
LOCATION: 8825 Aero Drive, Ste 200, San Diego, CA 92123
MAJOR DUTIES: Assist the Director of Prevention Programs in the coordination and implementation of the Burn Institute Fire Safe Seniors Program throughout San Diego County.
As directed – responsible for:
- Assist the Director of Prevention Programs in the oversight of the Fire Safe Seniors (FSS)Program.
- As a representative of the Burn Institute, act as the point person to maintain relations with FSS interns, volunteers, community partners and fire service representatives.
- Conduct smoke alarm installation request intakes over the phone and/or via email.
- Maintain oversight of all FSS volunteers/interns and community partners in government and non-profit sectors.
- Oversee and coordinate designated FSS volunteer and intern installation efforts.
- Recruit new FSS volunteers and student interns.
- Conduct regular FSS volunteer and intern trainings onsite and offsite.
- Provide constructive feedback to ensure that volunteers and interns are following BI guidelines.
- Coordinate resident requests for smoke alarm installations on a timely basis and maintain records of all installations.
- Create multiple weekly routes for FSS volunteers, interns, and community partners.
- Prepare supplies for smoke alarm installation routes.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all program equipment and materials.
- Maintain necessary equipment (i.e. drills, step ladders, eye protection) in working order.
- Ensure Burn Institute vehicles are prepared for volunteers/interns prior to install date.
- Track and process mileage reimbursements for volunteers/interns.
- Keep an active and accurate database, including excel spread sheets, files, expense records, volunteer hours and reports as they pertain to the program.
- Produce monthly and other written reports including program statistics.
- Have a working knowledge of the organization’s database (Salesforce).
- Conduct and host installation events with corporate partners.
OTHER: Attend meetings and/or conferences as requested. Must possess and maintain California Driver’s License and automobile insurance. Must pass background check and be able to lift 50 pounds. Employment at the Burn Institute is at-will. Flexibility: Occasional weekend and evening hours as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Bachelor’s Degree desired, can be substituted for administrative experience. Non-profit organization experience a plus. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills required. Must have the ability to work independently and effectively communicate with co-workers, supervisors and the public. Must have strong administrative computer skills and work as a positive representative of the Burn Institute. Bilingual (English/Spanish, speaking/writing) a plus.
The above is intended to describe the principal responsibilities and not intended as an all-inclusive or exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.
How to Apply: Please send cover letter and resume in a single PDF file, including the position title and applicants name as the file name, to [email protected]. No phone calls, please.
Closing Date: Until filled.
All Burn Institute employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Burn Institute offers full-time staff 11 paid holidays; 20 PTO days accrued in calendar year; health, vision, dental, chiropractic, and life insurance benefits; 403b retirement plan.
For further information on Burn Institute visit our website at www.burninstitute.org.
Burn Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.