Youth Firesetter Intervention Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Youth Firesetter Intervention Coordinator (Contract, 3 or more hours per week)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist in the implementation and development of the Youth Firesetter Intervention Program.
MAJOR DUTIES: Plan, coordinate, and implement the Youth Firesetter Intervention Program.
As directed/responsible for:
- Intakes and assessments with youth firesetters to evaluate the risk of future involvement in firesetting behaviors.
- Meeting with families, probation officers, attorneys, schools, and other parties for information sharing during the program process.
- Monitoring email and scheduling all appointments for program participants.
- Providing assessment results via written and oral formats to referral source; parents/guardians of youth.
- Conducting firesetting prevention and intervention curriculum.
- Producing written reports that include program statistics.
- Maintaining all databases, files, records, and materials in organization’s archives.
- Conducting informational trainings with fire service agencies and other community partners.
- Follow HIPAA filing procedures and ensure maintenance of program records.
- Follow HIPAA confidentiality procedures to ensure youth fire setter and family confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
OTHER: Compensation is $25/hour for a minimum of 3 hours per week. Estimated monthly hours of work are 12-16 depending on number of referrals to the program. Attend meetings as requested. Must possess and maintain California Driver’s License and automobile insurance. Must pass background check and be able to lift 50 pounds. Flexibility: Occasional weekend and evening hours as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish, speaking/writing) with a degree from an accredited college or university. Social work and case management experience a plus. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills required. Must have the ability to work independently and communicate effectively with Burn Institute staff and the public. Must have proficient administrative computer skills and serve as a positive representative of the Burn Institute.
The above is intended to describe the principal responsibilities. Additional details will be provided on written agreement between the individual and the Burn Institute. Agreement can be terminated by either party.
Interested parties to email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.