Camp Beyond the Scars Counselor Application
When: July 10-16, 2022
Qualifications to be a Volunteer Cabin Counselor or Staff member:
• Be 21 years of age or older
• Energetic, outgoing and friendly
• Ability to remain friendly, positive and respectful in a stressful environment
• Possess effective communication skills that demonstrate appropriate tact and diplomacy
• Patient with children of all ages and abilities
• Comfortable interacting with people you do not know
• Able to handle multiple functions effectively in varying environments
Time Commitment – Volunteer Cabin Counselors and Staff members will be required to remain at camp full time and for the duration of the camp program.
Training – Volunteer Cabin Counselors and Staff members will attend an Orientation and Training. Counselor assignments are not confirmed until the completion of Orientation. Please submit a current Certificate of Completion for Mental Health First Aid or similar if in the medical/mental health field. Mental Health First Aid offers free seminars throughout the year. Visit mhasd.org for more information.
Steps to Become a Volunteer Cabin Counselor or Staff member:
• Complete this online application
• Attend a required Cabin Counselor Interview (new counselors only) to be assigned
• Submit 2 references (new counselors only)
• Once application is accepted, conduct a Live Scan screening (new counselors only)
• Attend the necessary training sessions
This application is not a guarantee of your acceptance to be a volunteer with Camp Beyond the Scars. You will be notified once your application has been received and accepted. If you have any questions or concerns about volunteering to be a camp counselor or staff member, please contact Leilani Stone at (858) 541-2277. Deadline to apply will be May 31, 2022.