Thank you for your interest in the Davee Scholarship. If you are interested or have questions, please contact Leilani Stone at [email protected] or call 858-541-2277.
The Burn Institute will consider applications to support matriculation in any form of continuing education program that is justified by this application. Please see eligibility guidelines below:
- Applicant must be a burn survivor
- Applicant must be a resident of San Diego or Imperial County.
- Applicant must already have been accepted into an academic institution, trade program, etc. and will be asked to provide proof of acceptance.
- Applicant must not have applied for this scholarship in the last calendar year. (Ex: If you applied in March 2021, you cannot reapply until March 2022). *Please note, first time recipients are given priority to this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate a financial need in order to receive the scholarship.
- No high school or GED needed in order to apply for this scholarship unless the educational institution selected by the applicant requires it.
- Scholarship applicants must be 17 years-old or older to apply for the scholarship.
- If scholarship is being received over the course of 2 semesters, applicant must be able to maintain a 3.0 grade point average or the equivalent while receiving assistance through the Davee Scholarship Fund.
- As part of the scholarship award process, students selected as semi-finalists may be required to participate in an interview process with the Selection Committee. Selected students will be notified as to the date, time, and location of the interview.
- The Selection Committee may request additional information prior to or during the interview.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Leilani Stone at [email protected] or call 858-541-2277.