Thank you for your interest in the Davee Scholarship for Fall 2020. The deadline for this cycle is November 1st, 2020. The Burn Institute will consider applications to support matriculation in any form of continuing education program that is justified by this application. Please see eligibility guidelines below:
- Applicant must be a burn survivor
- Applicant must be a resident of San Diego or Imperial County.
- Applicant must already have been accepted into an academic institution, trade program, etc. and will be asked to provide proof of acceptance.
- Applicant must not have applied for this scholarship in the last calendar year. (Ex: If you applied in March 2019, you cannot reapply until March 2020). *Please note, first time recipients are given priority to this scholarship program.
- Applicant must be able to demonstrate a financial need in order to receive the scholarship.
- No high school or GED needed in order to apply for this scholarship unless the educational institution selected by the applicant requires it.
- Scholarship applicants must be 17 years-old or older to apply for the scholarship.
- If scholarship is being received over the course of 2 semesters, applicant must be able to maintain a 3.0 grade point average or the equivalent while receiving assistance through the Davee Scholarship Fund.
- As part of the scholarship award process, students selected as semi-finalists may be required to participate in an interview process with the Selection Committee. Selected students will be notified as to the date, time, and location of the interview.
- The Selection Committee may request additional information prior to or during the interview.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Leilani Stone at email@example.com or call 858-541-2277.